Thursday, March 19, 2009

Soft Shortbread cookies


Usually shortbread is so hard, I like this recipe because the shortbread comes out nice and soft. The secret is not to overbake it. If you like things soft, always underbake it, that's why Mrs. Field's was so successful. I like it this way.


Ingredients
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- salt
- 1 tbsp cold water
- 1 tsp vanilla


Recipe
Mix the ingredients together
Knead with your hands
Cover in saran wrap
Put in fridge for 1 hour
Take out of fridge
Roll out with rolling pin
Cut whatever shape you want
Bake 325 for 15 minutes


After cools down, spread filling like an oreo, and create a shortbread sandwich!
(I used my apple strudel filling. Note that this is used in so many of my recipes. You can make a batch, and put it in the freezer, and just take out what you need and use in countless dishes)


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At April 15, 2012 at 6:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just made these cookies today and they are delicious! Thanks so much for the wonderful recipe. I hope you don't mind that I pinned it on Pinterest. It's gotten some attention - and rightly so! Thanks again for the great recipe.
P.S. I made some with a little lemon zest and powdered ginger sprinkled on top that turned out pretty great as well :)

 
At May 18, 2012 at 8:01 AM , Anonymous shannon crane look on facebook said...

shit my poo taste better

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home